The TGYS Board is a 13 member, Type II body that serves in an advisory capacity to CDHS on TGYS related decisions and is authorized by C.R.S. 26-6.9-103. TGYS Board members may be reappointed for a total of no more than two, three year terms. TGYS Board meetings are held 5-6 times/year in Denver, CO with the opportunity to participate virtually. Board members are not reimbursed for serving on the Board, but reimbursement for expenses incurred in the performance of their duties may be provided upon request.
The TGYS Board has the responsibility to:
- Approve program guidelines
- Develop criteria for awarding grants
- Determine criteria for measuring the effectiveness of programs that receive grants under the TGYS program
- Establish timelines for submission and review of grant applications
- Review applications received for grants and approve grant funding
- Recommend grant choices to the Governor for final approval
CDHS values broad, diverse representation on its boards to ensure adequate representation of stakeholders and the public. Therefore, we are requesting your assistance in distributing this notice to interested and qualified individuals in your networks. If you or someone you know is interested in serving the state of Colorado in this capacity, please submit, or encourage them to submit, an application.
To apply for a position on the Tony Grampsas Youth Services Board, complete the Governor’s Office of Boards and Commissions Application and submit a current resume. The application can be found here:
Application deadline is Monday, March 1, 2021. For questions, please contact Kristi Griffith, TGYS Program Administrator, Kristi.Griffith@state.co.us.