Community-Based Prevention and Coalitions Expert
(Senior Professional, Community Health Promotion)
Tri-County Health Department- Full-time- Greenwood Village, flexible
What we do:
Promote, protect and improve the lifelong health of individuals and communities in Adams,
Arapahoe and Douglas Counties through the effective use of data, evidence-based prevention
strategies, leadership, advocacy, partnerships and the pursuit of health equity. In short we
strive to provide optimal health across the lifespan for the populations we serve.
What You’ll Do:
Serve as lead on two youth substance use prevention grants utilizing coalitions to prioritize
and implement community- and societal-level risk and protective factors: Communities that
Care and Strategic Prevention Framework-Partnerships for Success. Oversee two
subcontractors. Supervise one Youth Engagement Prevention Specialist. Provide guidance to
other team members as expert in coalition work and shared risk and protective factors.
Contribute to shared work plans and alignment across programs. Complete grant reports and
serve as liaison with funders.
Requirements You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Community Health, Public Health, Public Administration, Human Services, Education or related field. Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in community-based prevention programming.
- OR Graduation of high school or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Expertise in the Strategic Prevention Framework and/or Communities that Care prevention model.
- Expertise in Positive Youth Development; recruitment and retention of young people as partners; and shared risk and protective factors for substance use, violence, suicide, and other risky behaviors in young people;
- Expertise in principles and practices of coalition building and developing community partnerships.
- Experience with grants management and reporting
- Commitment to health equity
Pay Range for this Position: $57,720 - $72,176 annual salary based on skills, education, experience, and internal equity.