2019 Public Health in the Rockies Conference
Equity and Social Justice: Innovation at Elevation
August 27 - 30, 2019
Keystone Conference Center, Keystone, CO
Register by June 15, 2019 to avoid paying the late conference rates!
The theme of the 2019 Public Health in the Rockies conference is Equity and Social Justice: Innovation at Elevation. This theme continues discussions of our communities’ current and future public health issues. Most importantly, we will learn from our peers’ policy development efforts, advocacy work, authentic community engagement work, and innovative programs to address challenges related to advancing health equity and social justice.
We will continue to discuss our current and future public health and advocacy work in addressing health equity, inclusiveness, and community engagement, in order to create real world solutions to improve the health of our communities.
The purpose of the 2019 Public Health in the Rockies Conference is to provide an opportunity for education, networking and skill development of professionals in Colorado and neighboring regions. The Conference is designed to build a more competent public health workforce.
The goals of the conference are to:
- Provide a forum for public health professionals to develop new skills, demonstrate best practices, exchange lessons learned, share current research, and discover valuable resources.
- Offer a multi-disciplinary conference program that encompasses the broad aspects of public health.
- Stimulate innovation in public health practice.
- Promote awareness around Colorado’s adoption of the Public Health 3.0 and Foundational Public Health Services models.
- Provide a meeting and discussion opportunity for the CPHA members, other public health interest groups, special interest groups, and new & non-traditional public health partners.
- Encourage networking of all professions represented in public health, special interest groups, and new & non-traditional public health partners.