Through the 10-Minute Walk Campaign, NRPA with support from The JPB Foundation, is excited to offer grants and technical assistance to support planning efforts that help cities increase access to high-quality parks within a 10-minute walk. In the third round of grants 10 cities will receive $40,000 to work alongside NRPA, The Trust for Public Land (TPL), and the Urban Land Institute (ULI) to develop their highest, best, and measurable commitment to the 10-Minute Walk Campaign.
Cities selected will have access to the following benefits:
- The main applicant must be a local government agency that builds and/or operates parks (e.g., municipal park and recreation department, tribal recreation department, public works department that manages parks etc.) or affiliated 501c(3) non-profit organization.
- The Mayor of the city applying must be signed on to the 10-Minute Walk Campaign and provide a statement of support for this application.
- At least 2 partners (outside of parks and recreation) must partner with you on this project and provide signed statements of support
- If you have a local ULI and/or TPL office in your area, we strongly encourage you to gather letters or statements of support from these offices. These will count towards the two partners.
- Applicants must demonstrate a clear interest and commitment to the campaign, strong project management, and leadership support.
Timeline and Important Dates
- Application Open June 24, 2019
- Informational Webinar July 9, 2019
- Application Closes August 2, 2019
- Cities Selected September 13, 2019
To Learn More
NRPA hosted a webinar on July 9, 2019, to provide an overview of the program and help answer applicant questions. To view the archived webinar, visit the Online Learning Center.
If you have any questions, please contact the 10-Minute Walk Team at email@example.com.