At Comedy Defensive Driving, we believe that quality education is too expensive for many students and should be obtainable for everyone. So, if you are up for trying something meaningful to help achieve your goal of a quality college education, continue reading.
Getting Real About Distracted Driving Scholarship: Design an advertisement that will educate the public about the dangers of distracted driving, and convince them with a clear call to action not to text and drive, drink and drive, eat and drive, or any other distraction you choose to focus on. You may focus on distracted driving as a whole, or pick a specific kind of distracted driving, but the message/focus of your advertisement must be clear. You will be judged based on the quality of the content, it’s usability as an ad (billboard, commercial, PSA, poster, radio ad, etc.) and how it effectively convinces drivers to stay focused on the road. We are looking for creative, and helpful ads with maybe a bit of humor or irony.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $1,000
One Scholarship Offered Twice Annually:
Spring Semester Scholarship:
- Submission Deadline: May 31
- Winner Announced: June 30
Fall Semester Scholarship:
- Submission Deadline: December 31
- Winner Announced: January 31
- Open to students planning on or currently attending an accredited college, university or continuing education program
- No GPA Requirement, financial requirement, or any other kind of requirement – Just knowing you are making the effort to get out of bed and do something positive before noon qualifies
- Take the pledge to not use your phone while driving, and definitely not to drive while you’re buzzed.. And definitely don’t use your phone if driving
- All forms of ads accepted including: PSA, commercial, music, billboards, media, graphics, etc. MUST BE AN ADVERTISEMENT WITH CLEAR CALL-TO-ACTION
- No time restraints, however, keep in mind that you are making an advertisement, not a Ridley Scott movie
- No overt profanity
- Nudity will not be allowed
- Plagiarism automatically disqualified
How to apply:
- Submit advertisement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of your email, include the following:
- Your name
- Best way to contact you
- Name of University/College you currently or plan to attend
- Major or intended major
- What kind of advertisement you created (billboard, magazine ad, commercial/PSA, radio ad, etc.)
NOTHING ELSE IS NEEDED. We will not be judging based on anything other than the advertisement, so don’t sweat over an introductory email. Winners will be contacted directly; submissions through phone calls, physical mail, fax, etc. will NOT be accepted. Scholarship will be awarded to the student who provides the most compelling ad against distracted driving. Quality, creativity, your choice of medium, the message both visually and verbally, and whether we can see this ad actually being used as part of a campaign against distracted driving, will all be taken into consideration.
Who is Comedy Defensive Driving? Only the most widely known name in driving safety and education, since 1989. We utilize professional comedians to maximize student attention using humor as our method of content delivery.
Visit our website here!